|Sandra Casimiro, PhD||Head of the Unitemail@example.com|
|Afonso Fernandes, MD, PhD||Medical Pathologist, Consultant and Scientific Advisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tânia Carvalho, DVM, PhD||Veterinary Pathologistemail@example.com|
|Andreia Pinto||Histology Technicianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ana Margarida Santos||Histology Technicianemail@example.com|
- Microtome, cryostat, LCM and DAKO autostainer utilization requires booking online. Users must request booking permission online (indution/training required);
- Filled and signed requisitions (available for download below) need to be delivered with any samples. It is mandatory that each requisition indicates the project that will support the costs of the service;
- When the order is ready researchers will be contacted by the technician and must collect the corresponding materials (that will not be stored in the histology service more than 30 days);
- Researchers that use the Histology Lab on self-service just need to fill the requisition nº1.
Samples will be processed according to request date. Services that are not available for SELF-SERVICE will have the priority of our technicians.
The Veterinary Pathologist will be responsible for:
- necropsy, tissue harvest and diagnostic service for the animal facility
- train researchers in basic techniques (e.g. necropsy & tissue harvest)
- pathologist slide interpretation
- pathology consulting and research collaborations - customized to the research project and model, includes animal model selection, experimental design,test development, procedural training, reporting, imaging, manuscript and grant preparation
- gross and microscopy digital photography
The histology technicians are responsible for:
- processing tissue samples for routine histochemical procedures;
- training new users in sample preparation with the available equipment in the laboratory (some specific equipment will be restricted to the technicians);
- provide tutorship in the design and implementation of immunostaining procedures.
The IMM technicians and IMM researchers will use the equipment of the Histology Institute of FML, being all reagents and laboratory supplies provided by IMM. With the implementation of this service all IMM researchers must conduct their histology procedures with our technicians, as long as they take place in the Histology Institute facilities. The self-service, not registered, utilization of this facilities by IMM researchers is no longer possible
IMM Units will be billed monthly for the utilization of the Histology service. Each PI will receive a detailed bill that will be executed if not commented within one week.
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TECHNIQUES
* Decalcification (nitric acid, EDTA)
* Processing & Inclusion
* Sectioning (cryostat, microtome)
* H&E staining
* Special staining
* Embedding (gelatin, OCT)
* TEM (Transmission electron microscopy)
* Automatic imunohistochemistry
Service will be open from 9:30 a.m to 6:00p.m (Monday to Friday)
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
IMPORTANT: please deliver the filled forms with any request.
Sandra Casimiro, PhD (Head of the Unit)
Tel.(+351)217999519 - Fax.(+351)217951780
Andreia Pinto and Ana Margarida Santos (Histology Technicians)
Room P2-A-21 and P2-A-30
Tânia Carvalho (Veterinary Pathologist)